Fashion comes and goes in cycles. Everything we wear today is in some way inspired by the past. If you take a close look at the trends happening in stores right now, you can see that the past few decades have had a strong inspiration on modern fashion. You might find pants with a flared leg reminiscent of the 1970s sitting right next to an updated take on the grunge button down that was the 90′s staple.
We hopped around town and put together some looks that we thought represented each decade from the 1960′s thru the 1990′s, but still maintained a current wearability.
1. Paige verdugo ultra skinny pant, $191 from Girl Next Door
2. button down shirt with studded collar, $43 from Maya Star
3. Roccia boots, $159 from Co Star
4. gold ring, $100 from Maya Star
1. Alchemy dream catcher tank, $38 from Feathers
2. Jeffrey Campbell hopie shoes, $88 from Feathers
3. Elizabeth and James vest, $700 from Girl Next Door
4. Citizens of Humanity bell bottoms, $240 from Girl Next Door
5. astrological silver ring, $100 from Maya Star
6. ring, from Etcetera Etc.
7. Kuchi cuff, $48 from Feathers
8. vintage necklace, $42 from Feathers
1. vintage 80s blazer, $78 from Feathers
2. black wedge boots, from Maya Star
3. vintage Max Headroom tee, $58 from Feathers
4. vintage leather shorts, $78 from Feathers
1. mens beanie, $35 from Co Star
2. vintage 90s sheer button down, $42 from Feathers
3. denim and leather jacket, from Girl Next Door
4. Beverly skinny cargo pant, $153 from Maya Star
5. vintage Cole Haan combat boots, $118 from Feathers
keep austin stylish