You’re waiting in line at Sno Beach and the heat causes your sunglasses to slide down your face. You wipe away the sweat and wonder if you are even wearing makeup anymore at this point. This hasn’t only happened to me, right? Summers in Austin can sometimes be so hot that you want to give up on wearing makeup entirely. But, believe it or not, you can still look fresh even in the horrendous heat. For those who still want a little coverage or color in the Summer, here are some of my recent favorite make-up products that have been enduring the Austin heat:
1) Make Up Forever aqua eyeliner – Doesn’t smudge at all in the heat and stays in place all day without flaking too. You could swim with this eyeliner on and you would come out of the pool looking flawless. I’ve also accidentally slept with this stuff on and woke up still looking good – well, my eyeliner still looked good at least…
2) Cha Cha Tint by Benefit – This lip tint is a super fun bright orangey red shade for Summer. Lip tints are great for summer because you don’t have to worry about the color melting off your face like lipstick or gloss does. This tint can also be used on your cheeks as a cheek stain! I love this stuff.
3) Rae Cosmetics Climate Control Mineral Tint – I usually don’t use base on my face, but during the Summer I have to wear extra sunscreen on my face so this is a great way to get some sun protection and some color at the same time. This mineral tint is basically a tinted moisturizer that will stay on all day without melting in the heat and is sweat resistant. My favorite part about it is that it isn’t heavy at all and it has an SPF of 20. Usually makeup or moisturizers only go up to SPF 10 or 15 and pale faces like myself can really appreciate that extra 5 SPFs! Comes in 8 different shades, and you can go to the Rae Cosmetics store to get matched for your shade.
4) Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer – Bronzer is definitely a Summer must have, particularly if you are a ghost like me. I love that this bronzer is matte because you can put it all over and not worry about looking like a fairy. But the absolute best part about this bronzer is that it has REAL chocolate in it, so it smells delicious! Just be careful when putting on your makeup before you eat breakfast…I’ve come really close to licking this stuff. It comes in 2 shades- dark chocolate and milk chocolate.
5) W3LL People Universalist Luminous Multi-Use Stick and Elitist eye shadow – Using the luminous stick as a primer and the Elitis eye shadow on top, this creates a shimmery shadow that will stay on all day throughout the heat. There are a ton of colors to choose from, but for a golden goddess look for Summer, the Elitist 814 “Sparkling Salmon” worked well for me and my coloring. You can also use this powder on your cheeks as a blush or a bronzer if you do want to add some shimmer. The best part about these products and all products from W3LL is that they are all natural and toxin free!
6) Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara – It’s your favorite inexpensive go-to mascara that you can find in any convenient store across the country. Did you know it comes in a waterproof version? It does! And it actually works.
What are your makeup must haves for the Summer?
Keep Austin Stylish